The Miraculous and Magical Effect of Onions That Is Rarely Known!
You may not know that onions are one of the best natural remedies.
They can do wonders for many different health conditions. For example, onions are great against vomiting. They are also one of the best boosters for the immune system, because they possess antibiotic qualities.
This simple vegetable is a powerful antibiotic and antiseptic agent due to presence of sulfur in its content. Furthermore, onions are loaded with an antioxidant called querection, which is a powerful substance against free radicals. Free radicals are one of the major causes for chronic and serious diseases, such as cancer.
Onion juice is also a natural expectorant. Therefore, it can be beneficial in the treatment of various respiratory problems. Onions can also be used as a natural remedy for arthritis, diabetes, high cholesterol levels and heart related issues, because of the presence of flavonoid and sulfur compounds.
For thousands of years, native Americans have used this vegetable as a treatment for the flu and colds. Even the World Health Organization admits that onions have powerful abilities in the treatment of congestion, respiratory infections, the flu, cough, colds and bronchitis.
The incredible uses of onions
- Against vomiting
To use onions against vomiting you need the juice from this vegetable. Great the onions and press the juice through a cheesecloth. Afterwards, prepare a peppermint tea and leave it to cool down. Take 2 teaspoons of the peppermint tea and the onion juice. Wait for 5 minutes before repeating the procedure. Continue using this remedy until the vomiting stops completely.
- Cleansing the air in the house
Place several onion slices around your home. They will cleanse the air from all the viruses and bacteria.
- Treating fever
Slice an onion, rub the feet with coconut oil and put the onion slices on the bottom of the feet. Wrap them up, put on socks and leave them overnight.
- Treating cough
Peel and slice an onion in half. Put 1 tablespoon of brown sugar on each half, cover them and leave them for 1 hour. Consume this 2 times a day and your cough will be gone soon.
- Treating congestion of your chest
Crush one onion. Then, mix it with coconut oil and create a paste from these 2 ingredients. Apply the paste on your chest and cover it with a towel to relieve congestion of the chest.
Dice one yellow onion and boil it. Leave it to cool and drain. Give your child 1 teaspoon of the tea on every hour. Continue giving the remedy to your baby until colic goes away.
- Treating an ear infection
Chop one onion and put the pieces in a thin sock. Tie the sock. Afterwards, put the sock over the painful spot and cover the sock, your ear and head with a hat. Remove the sock when the pain is gone.
- Treating cuts
The onion skin’s film is a powerful antiseptic agent. It is able to stop the bleeding from a cut in a few seconds.
Other incredible uses of onions
- Rubbing one onion slice on the face of your iron will prevent rusting of your precious iron.
- One onion slice can also be used as a natural polish for your glassware. It can also be used to polish copper dishes.
- Freckling of the skin on your face can also be prevented with an onion. Just rub an onion on the face.
- Bugs are repelled by the smell of onions. Therefore, you can cut an onion and rub it on the skin to protect yourself from bug bites.
- If you want to induce hair growth, you need to rub onion juice on your hair on a regular basis.
- Moths can be quite annoying. Fortunately, onion juice is an effective way to keep moths away from your clothes.
- You can protect your plants from pests with onion juice. Boil an onion, leave the juice to cool down and spray the plants.
- Store red onions and avocados together to prevent browning.